Silica fabric is a type of high-temperature resistant fabric made from silica fibers. It possesses excellent thermal insulation properties, high strength, and resistance to heat, flame, chemicals, and abrasion. Silica fabric finds extensive applications in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, marine, and industrial sectors. Here are some different types of silica fabric that your manufacturing company can supply:
- High Silica Fabric: High silica fabric is made from nearly pure amorphous silica fibers. It offers exceptional thermal resistance, withstanding temperatures up to 1,000°C (1,832°F) or even higher. High silica fabric is commonly used in applications such as thermal insulation, fire protection, welding blankets, and removable insulation covers.
- Medium Silica Fabric: Medium silica fabric is a blend of silica fibers and other heat-resistant materials. It provides good thermal insulation properties and can withstand temperatures up to 800°C (1,472°F). Medium silica fabric is often used in applications requiring moderate heat resistance, such as expansion joints, gaskets, and heat shields.
- Texturized Silica Fabric: Texturized silica fabric is produced by texturizing or crimping silica fibers to create a more pliable and flexible material. This fabric retains the excellent thermal properties of silica while offering enhanced flexibility and drapability. Texturized silica fabric is commonly used for thermal insulation, expansion joints, and seals in high-temperature environments.
- Silica Cloth: Silica cloth is a general term that encompasses various types of woven silica fabrics. It is available in different weights, weaves, and finishes, offering versatility for different applications. Silica cloth is used in applications such as insulation jackets, furnace curtains, welding blankets, and protective clothing.
- Silica Tape: Silica tape is a narrow strip of woven or texturized silica fabric. It is commonly used for wrapping or binding applications, providing thermal insulation and protection against heat and flame. Silica tape is often used in exhaust systems, pipe insulation, and high-temperature sealing applications.
These are just a few examples of the different types of silica fabric available. Each type offers specific properties and is suitable for different temperature ranges and applications. As a manufacturer, you can provide a range of silica fabric options to meet the diverse needs of your customers.